Banana Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Muffins
Make a protein-packed breakfast muffin that your family will never guess is actually good for them! Our Banana Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Muffins feature our vegan Boku Super Protein powder which contains a whopping 18 grams of protein per scoop!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Yields: 12 Servings
- 3 scoops Boku Super Protein
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 72% Cacao Chocolate Bar, chopped into chunks
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
2) In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
3) Add the flour, Boku Super Protein, and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined. Next, fold in the cacao chocolate chunks.
4) Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats. Bake muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!