Butternut Squash Tacos with Super Smashed Avocado
Our Butternut Squash Tacos with Super Smashed Avocado are not only delicious but contain Boku Super Shrooms and Boku Superfood in the recipe. So yes, you can eat tacos and feel good about it.
Prep Time: 40 min.
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (or butternut squash/yams), cubed into 1/2 inch chunks
- 12 of your favorite taco shells
- 2 tbsp Boku Super Shrooms
- 1 Tbsp Boku Superfood
- 2 large avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red cabbage, chopped
- big handful of cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- cotija cheese, optional
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl toss butternut squash with olive oil, Boku Super Shrooms, and salt & pepper.
3) Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
4) While that bakes, add the avocado, juice of half the lime, Boku Superfood, and salt & pepper to a bowl. Smash together.
5) Remove from oven and assemble butternut squash onto tortillas.
Squeeze the rest of the lime over the tacos and top with smashed avocado, cilantro, cabbage, and cotija cheese. ENJOY!