Chocolate Protein Gingerbread Cookies
These adorable Chocolate Protein Gingerbread Cookies are full of holiday flavor and superfood nutrition from the Boku Super Protein. These are cookies you'll be happy to give your kids!
Prep Time: 30 min.
Yields: 8-10 Serving
- 1 scoop Boku Super Protein in Chocolate or Original
- 1 ⅓ cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
-2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg (or egg substitute for vegan cookies)
- Flour, as needed for rolling surface and rolling pin
- white icing for decorating, optional
1) Combine first 8 ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Whisk together molasses, coconut oil, and egg. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
2) Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill. After 30 minutes, remove your dough. Flour your rolling surface and rolling pin very well. Roll dough to about ½ in thick and cut into desired shape with cookie cutter.
3) Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4) Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes (for large cookies) or 6-8 minutes (for small cookies) or until golden. Decorate as desired. Enjoy!