We all love traditional protein pancakes around here, but we also love to switch it up! Our Lemon Ricotta Protein Pancakes will make you feel like you're having a fancy restaurant brunch, while still getting your Boku Super Protein boost of energy!
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Boku Super Protein
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1) Place the first four ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add almond milk, lemon zest, ricotta cheese, almond extract, and honey then whisk to combine.
3) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix making sure all ingredients are combined. Finally, add in 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and mix again.
4) Next, heat a large skillet over low/medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
5) Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop pancake batter into the skillet. Let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when bubbles start to form in the center of the pancake. Repeat until all pancake batter is gone.
6) Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!