Pumpkin Spice Protein Scones
Our nutritious spin on a seasonal brunch treat featuring Boku Super Protein!
-1.5 cup whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup oats
-1/2 cup Boku Super Protein powder
-1/4 cup coconut sugar
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tbsp pumpkin spice
-2 tsp cinnamon
-4 tbsp chilled coconut oil (it should be hard)
-3/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2/3 organic powdered sugar
-2-3 tsp coconut milk
-1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a round cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the flour, oats, Boku Super Protein powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Blend together the cold coconut oil into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix the almond milk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring until moistened.
- Transfer the dough to the round cake pan and pat down until evenly filled. Brush the dough with a little more milk using a pastry brush, then sprinkle some more sugar.
- Bake the scones for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and let them cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into about 8 slices.
- To make the glaze, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Add just 2 tsp of coconut milk initially, then add more if needed to reach a good consistency. Drizzle over scones once cooled.