Put away your passport! You don’t have to travel to the Far East to enjoy this popular fried rice preparation! Our Super Cauliflower Fried Rice is low in carbs and packed with extra mood-boosting antioxidants thanks to the Boku Super Shrooms! Add organic grilled chicken or tofu for an easy weeknight dinner.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 large-sized head of cauliflower
- 2 scoops Boku Super Shrooms
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bag of frozen veggie mixture (including peas, carrots, etc.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 6 green onions, minced
- chili sauce, for topping
1) Shred cauliflower using the largest side of a grater or by just pulsing some rough cut pieces in a food processor; the end product should resemble smallish grains of rice.
2) Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the frozen veggies and stir-fry until no longer frozen and hot, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, Boku Super Shrooms, cauliflower, and remaining sesame oil to the pan. Stir-fry quickly to cook the cauliflower to a soft (but not mushy) texture.
3) Make a well in the middle of the cauliflower mixture, turn the heat down, and add the eggs. Stir gently and continuously until the eggs are fully cooked. Stir in the soy sauce and green onions just before serving. Top with chili sauce and enjoy!