Our Vegan Chocolate Cupcake recipe is the perfect answer to your Halloween treat cravings or to satisfy that sweet tooth any time of year! We added our rich and chocolaty super shroom packed Boku Coco Love to really take these cupcakes over the top.
It's hard to eat just one!
Prep Time: 20 min.
Yields: 12 Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Boku Coco Love
- 3/4 cup sugar, unrefined if desired
- 1/2 cup Boku Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
-1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice to taste (Use stevia or powdered sugar for thickest results)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake pan with liners.
2) In a large bowl, whisk first 5 ingredients. Let sit at least 10 minutes, and sift all remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl while you wait. Pour wet into dry, stir just until evenly mixed.
3) Pour batter into liners, only fill up 2/3 of the way at most. Bake 20 minutes on the center rack. Let cool.
4) Open your coconut milk, and if it’s not already super-thick, leave the can (or transfer to a bowl) uncovered in the fridge overnight.
5) Once thick, transfer only the creamy part to a bowl, leaving the watery part out. Whip in your cocoa, vanilla, and sweetener till well combined. Top cooled cupcakes. ENJOY!