Skip to content
Vegan Red Velvet Cake
- 2 & 3/4 cups of organic all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Boku Coco Love
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & 3/4 cups plain nondairy milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp white or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- assorted berries for topping
- 2 & 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 8-oz containers vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F . In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, Boku Coco Love, baking soda and salt.
- Add non-dairy milk, oil, food coloring, and vanilla to flour mixture and stir until just blended. Whisk in vinegar until just blended.
- Immediately pour batter into greased baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make frosting, use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat confectioner’s sugar, cream cheese, margarine and vanilla until smooth and creamy (do not overbeat).
- Spread frosting over the top of the cooled cake and decorate with fruit of your choice. Enjoy!